We take pride in the high standard of care we provide for both our surrogate mothers and our intended parents. Due to the sensitive and life-changing nature of the surrogacy experience, we employ a careful screening process designed to ensure that only the best possible applicants participate.
Surrogacy is a rewarding and inspirational experience for everyone it touches, but it also takes a special kind of woman to become a successful gestational surrogate. A qualified surrogate mother is one that is not only physically capable of handling the pregnancy itself, but also mentally, emotionally, and financially prepared to handle everything else that goes along with it. Trust and integrity are key, and honest and open communication is a must.
Illinois Surrogate Agency Gestational Surrogate Requirements
- Applicant must have a strong desire to help others.
- Applicant must be between the ages of 21 and 39.
- Applicant must have given birth at least once.
- Applicant must have had no complications during any pregnancy or delivery.
- Applicant must be healthy and of an appropriate weight for her height.
- Applicant must be financially stable.
- Applicant must not smoke cigarettes, drink alcohol, or use drugs.
- Applicant must have reliable transportation and reside in Illinois.
- Applicant must not have been convicted of a felony.
If you’re interested in becoming a surrogate mother with the Illinois Surrogate Agency and meet the requirements, we want to hear from you! Simply fill out the easy online application and a caseworker will be in touch soon to discuss the next steps.