If you want to become a surrogate mother, Illinois is one of the best states to do it. The process isn’t legal everywhere, but Illinois law allows both traditional and gestational surrogacy.
Become a Surrogate Mother in Illinois
In addition to the physical process itself, surrogacy involves a lot of legal work – contracts that, in order to be worth anything, must be enforceable. They aren’t in every state, which means that even if the surrogacy procedure is legal, the whole process could be cancelled if one of the parties changed their mind or there was a disagreement.
However, in Illinois surrogate mothers – alongside the intended parents – are protected by the full force of the law; Illinois legislation supports these contracts, and the state’s courts have consistently upheld them.
Interested in becoming a surrogate mother in Illinois?
- Are you between the ages of 21 and 39?
- Have you delivered one or more children that you are currently raising?
- Have you had no more than 4 deliveries and no more than 1 C-section?
- Have you had past pregnancies without complications?
- Are you a non-smoker, living in a non-smoking home?
- Do you have a healthy body weight?
- Do you have access to reliable transportation?
- Are you financially stable?
- Do you have a clean criminal record?
If you meet all of the qualifications listed above, then we’d love to hear from you! The next step on your journey to become a surrogate mother is to fill out our easy online application. Once you’ve submitted your application, one of our friendly, knowledgeable case managers will be in touch to discuss it with you and answer any questions you may have, as well as tell you what the next steps in the journey will be.
To get more answers right away, please see our Surrogate Mothers FAQ. Thank you for your interest in becoming a surrogate mother with the Illinois Surrogate Agency!